While all are invited to join the worship life and activities of the congregation, we encourage people to prayerfully consider a deeper relationship with the church community. Roughly two times each year we offer a course for guests and regular attendees to take a look at what it means to belong as a church member.
During these times together, we explore:
- Personal Faith in Christ
- The Meaning of Church Membership
- How the Bible Speaks in Our Lives
- Worship and the Sacraments
- What Presbyterians Believe, and How We’re Governed
- Elements of Christian Discipleship
Our goal is to give you everything you need to know to make an informed, non-pressured decision concerning membership at Community Presbyterian Church. If you choose to move ahead with membership you’ll be asked to:
- Profess your faith in Jesus Christ
- Participate in a welcome gathering with Elders of the church
- Commit yourself to the life and ministry of Community Presbyterian Church
Formats for the course vary, depending on schedules of participants. We ordinarily meet for a total of 6 hours. We invite you to bring an open heart, a desire to get to know others, and a willingness to learn and grow in Christian faith.
Let us know if you have interest in an upcoming class!