Mission is the greatest task given to us as Christians. We may not all be called to preach the Gospel as missionaries, yet we are all called to witness to and for Christ through our daily lives. Through our mission participation we all play a part in spreading the Gospel to those who do not know Christ. CPC has historically emphasized mission partnerships. We also continue a policy of giving at least 10% of our total undesignated receipts to missions, and often far exceed this goal. Of funds given, we allocate roughly 50% to local missions partners and 50% to partners serving in national and global missions.
The Mission Committee seeks to support, interpret, advocate, and personally involve the congregation in missions locally, nationally and around the world. Below please find a brief introduction to some mission partners we support.
Local/ Regional Missions
- Alongside Ministries – Matt & Lea Edminster (Estonia)
- Alongside Ministries –Andrew & Amy Funka (Prague/Czech Republic)
- OC International – John and Heather Witherow Family (South Africa)
- PC(USA) Mission Workers
- PC(USA) – One Great Hour of Sharing
- World Vision — 30 Hour Planned Famine
- Compassion International — Sponsor a Child